It's very hard to believe that winter is almost a thing of the past and that spring is already right around the corner. Now is the time to get your back yard ready for this summer! Here are some tips that will make it beautiful and easy to care for at the same time.
Come Up With A Plan - Divide your back yard into areas that will lend themselves to entertainment. Remember to focus on keeping things easy!
- Do you have a swimming pool, or are you having one built that will be ready for this summer? If so, consider eliminating all the grass around the pool. Wet feet bring grass into the pool that make it a lot harder to care for. Consider hiring a paving contractor to put flagstone around the entire pool area. It will be gorgeous! Enhance the area by adding pots in different sizes that will hold colorful plants.
- Designate part of the back yard for games like horse shoes and croquet. A ground cover would be perfect for that. Mondo grass and clover are both good choices. Ask your paving contractor to separate this part of the yard from the flagstone area with decorative concrete edging.
- Consider having a space you can use for serving food. A full outdoor kitchen would be fabulous, but even having an outdoor grill lends itself to wonderful entertainment with friends and family. Consider concrete pavement for this area. Gifted artisans can do faux painting that can give the concrete the look of marble, tile, wood, brick or almost anything else your mind can imagine.
- Concrete is super easy to care for. All you have to do is to sweep it or wash it off with your garden hose. It's not only durable, but it seems to get more beautiful over time.
Find The Right Contractor - Of course, finding the right company for the job is the key to a great back yard.
- Ask family and trusted friends for recommendations. If you find contractors, like those at Interstate Paving LLC, on your own, identify how long they have been in business.
- Ask if there are jobs in your area that you can look at. You might even get ideas for your own back yard by looking at those jobs.
- When you decide on a contractor, be sure that you are on the same page with everything you want done. Consider asking him for suggestions that will make your plans even better.
- Get everything on paper. Be sure that there are no hidden fees and establish an estimated date for the job to be completed.
Congratulations on planning a great back yard.